The New Nissan LEAF Receives Multiple Safety Awards
The new 2011 Nissan LEAF has yet to be released in the U.S., and this new model has already received many awards. The vehicle has been named both, 2011 IIHS TOP SAFETY PICK and 2011 World Car of the Year. The Nissan LEAF has made the list of 2011 Top Green Cars, Ward's 10 Best Engines, and won Popular Mechanics' Breakthrough Award. Additionally, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) has awarded the vehicle a new five-star overall safety rating.
NHTSA's five-star star score symbolizes a tremendous milestone for Nissan. The new Nissan LEAF is the first pure-electric car to have a crash protection reviewed by the United States federal government. This accomplishment will most certainly be seen as a milestone in the automotive industry. Some of the safety features included in the Nissan LEAF are:- Nissan Advanced Air Bag System with dual-stage supplement front air bags with seat belt and occupant-classification sensors
- Driver- and front-passenger seat-mounted side-impact supplemental airbags
- Roof-mounted curtain side-impact supplemental airbags
- Vehicle Dynamic Control with Traction Control System
- Three-point seatbelts (front and rear)
- Lower Anchors and Tethers for Children (LATCH)
- Front- and rear-seat adjustable headrests
- Shock-absorbing steering column
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System
On top of cutting-edge safety technology, the 2011 Nissan LEAF includes security, convenience, and comfort features. Interested in learning more about the new Nissan LEAF? Contact Garland Nissan today at (888) 868-3690. Or, visit us in person. Conveniently located at 2507 Fort Campbell Blvd Hopkinsville, Kentucky 42240, we're proud to serve the greater Hopkinsville area with our Nissan expertise.